Primary focus of the calorimetric R&D effort is the Particle Flow Algorithm. This is a technique promising an excellent jet energy resolution by combining the measuring power of tracking systems, electromagnetic calorimetry and hadron calorimetry. Its application requires a method of separation of energy depositions of neutral hadrons (other than pi-zeros) from those of charged particles and photons.
Dual Readout Calorimetry
Transparencies from the PFA meetings:
- First look at PFA - A. Para, October 14, 2005
- Some issues with gas-based calorimetry - A. Para, October 28, 2005
- Simulation of neutrons and antineutrons production and transport in hadronic cascades - N. Mokhov, November 14, 2005
- Simulation of K0 production in hadronic cascades - S. Striganov, November 14, 2005
- Optimization of the ILC detector for jet-jet mass ressolution - A. Para, November 28, 2005